Sunday, November 27, 2011

Days 10-13: Yay for family!!!:)

Hey everyone, sorry I got a little behind on my blogs.  That may tend to happen every now and then.  My family was up here from Thursday-Sunday, so I've been trying to just spend as much time with them as I possibly can.  I think we left off on Wednesday???  I'm starting to get confused with my days lol.  Wednesday was a good day, I had some slight spotting, but it was starting to become less and less, and by the time the day was over, it was pretty much not there at all!!  On Wednesday, they wanted me to start a new medication.  It's called procardia.  The doctors told me they didn't want me to keep spotting, and keep contracting, so this is supposed to help with that.  It should also help with the cramping I have been having.  I've been on it now for 4 days, and so far it seems to be working, but no one is for sure yet.  They said it either works, or it doesn't work.  But, they figured it wouldn't hurt to try it.  Since blood is an irritant, even if its a small amount, it causes me to start to contract.  Since I have a history of bleeding, they want to try and hold off the contractions as much as possible so this baby can bake for awhile longer! :)    Later that night, Kristen and Amber came up for a visit!! I'm so glad they did.  It felt so nice to just have a girls conversation, talking non stop.  For a while, I forgot I was even at the hospital! (that's always a great thing to forget!!)  So, I was thankful they stopped by for a night visit.......made my night FLY by and soon enough it was time for bed, and another day has passed.  I have just been taking things day by day. So, every day that ends, only means a new day is going to begin.  Which also means another day pregnant!! :) 
Thursday was Thanksgiving.  I woke up sad to know I would be missing yet another family Thanksgiving.  I had already missed my Moms, and that killed me...And now, I would be missing Broc's grandmas thanksgiving.  His family is just like my family to me, they love me, care for me, and we always have a good time there.  I was sad that I was missing my boys enjoy their time with their cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents...but I knew it had to be done.  I am so thankful that my parents and my sister Jessica came up to spend the day with me.  If they wouldn't have, I'm afraid I would of pouted and been sad all day :(  But, once they came, it brightened my day to see family here and to know I wouldn't be alone on Thanksgiving.  Holidays are hard to miss, especially when you see and hear everyone talking about it, and sharing their plans, and I am stuck here..
I had asked my sister to bring me some black Friday adds, just because that's always a tradition for us at Grandmas to go through all the adds and find stuff we want/need to buy on black Friday.  Although I knew I wasn't going to do any black Friday shopping (yes it KILLED me) I still wanted to look at the adds, and pretend!! lol.  My parents and sisters stayed all day long, and later Broc and the boys came up.  I was so excited.  My week went by pretty quick, because I knew if I go through Wednesday, that Thursday was right around the corner, and I was able to spend Thursday night, Friday, and Saturday with my hubby and my boys!!!!!  Thursday night went by so quickly, and the boys snuggled their mommy and then headed off for their first night at the Ronald McDonald house.  I kept telling Logan that they needed to sneak mommy out of the hospital, and kidnap me and take me with them!!!  It was so nice knowing they were so close, yet I still wanted so badly to just go there with them and sleep together and be a "real" family again.  I didn't realize how much I would miss putting the boys to bed, and then going to bed with my hubby.  I miss sleeping with him by my side.  I haven't slept alone since I moved out of my parents house, so its so different going to bed alone each night.
In morning, (friday),  I woke up to my normal routine of getting poked, vitals, and monitoring. About an hour later, doctors came in and sorta discussed a "plan" in a round about way.  Nothing can be set in stone yet, only because  no one really knows what's going to happen to me from day to day.  I may be not bleeding at all one day, and the next, I could have a serious bleed.  So, no one really knows..but, they did discuss with me a round about time that they would schedule a c section.  Right now, they are thinking 36wks.  They said I will be lucky if I get there, but If I do, the baby should be pretty good by then, and hopefully will need no extra help.  They had talked about doing a amniocentesis to check to see if the baby's lungs were developed then, and I assume if they are, then they will go ahead and schedule the day for the c section.  They clearly let me know that it is still a LONG road a head before they make anything "permanent", but they just wanted to let me know a round about time.  He told me I need to mentally prepare myself for being here at the hospital for Christmas. He said its going to be tough, but thats what has to happen.  And yes, it will be tough spending Christmas here without a doubt, but I also know this is the best place for me and Lane to be staying.  We do have a long road a head of us (hopefully) and I'm willing and determined to do whatever it takes.  I will do anything the doctors tell me to do as long as I know its helping Lane and I. 
The boys and Broc came back from the Ronald Mcdonald house after they ate breakfast here, and we just spend all day being a family.  It was wonderful.  We have toys here so the boys can play and try to stay as busy as possible, and Broc does a great job with giving them "breaks" from being in a small room for so long, and will take them to get snacks, lunch, supper...It breaks up their time a little bit.  My favorite time was just chillin out laying down with both boys.  One on each arm :)  It didn't matter how uncomfortable I was, at least I was with the loves of my life!!  Lukie fell asleep with his head against my chest, and I was seriously loving every minute of it.  You miss those time when you are away from it for days!!
Saturday was also a great day. Spend the day with the boys here, and later the Moore's came up for a visit. I hadn't seen any of Amanda and Jeremy's kids yet since I've been here, so I really MISSED them!! They all walked in with huge smiles, and we handing out hugs and kisses for their aunt Megan :)  I sure do love those kiddos.  Even though it sounded like a zoo in my room, (as my nurse said) lol, I wouldn't of had it any other way! I miss the crazy family times, its way better than a quiet room!!!   It also made my time fly by, so that's always a good thing.  Once they left, an hour or so later we had another visit from Brocs parents and Glen and Connie.  The boys were excited to see their grandparents, and Luke loved throwing the football back and forth with the Grundens.  So, Saturday was another good day!! :)
I'm so thankful to still be here, no, it is NOT fun...but its been 2 weeks longer than when I first got here. So, that means Lane is 2 weeks further along, so for that, I am HAPPY!  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE....keep praying for us!!!  We have a long road ahead of us...spending all of the holidays here, and my birthday. Pray the Lord gets me through the rough days, and gets me through each day with NO bleeding.  I have been doing so good this week, and its because of the prayers from you guys!! So, keep it up! :) I appreciate so much more than you guys will ever know....and so does LANE! :) 
Love you all, and God bless!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment