Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 8: Sort of an exciting day, if you want to call it that :)

Good morning my dear friends :)  Just finished my 9th day of eating scrambled eggs for breakfast, aren't you all jealous????? hahaha.  Yesterday was a really good day, that even went by fairly quickly.  That doesn't happen too often around here, so I'm pretty pumped.  My morning started off dragging a little bit. I think its starting to wear on me getting woke up all the time, and starting my mornings super early!! They monitor the baby at midnight for 20 mins, so some nights I'm up till almost 1 am.  Then, they check my vitals in the middle of the night, and by 6 I'm up to get my blood sugar tested, take some medicine, and vitals.  So, its a lot of interupted sleep.  My mom was coming up for the day, so I had that to look foward to.  She arrived a little after 10 a.m.  Its always so nice to see her, and just having someone to talk to makes the minutes go by quickly!! I have a feeling me and my momma are gonna be pretty tight by the time this is all said and done :) And, I'm not complaining one bit!!!  Shortly after she got here, a nurse walked in with a wheel chair and sort of just stared at me. I was like "is that for me???" where am I going?? The doctor had said something about getting an ultrasound, but they never let me know for sure, but thats where I was headed.  I sat down in my wheel chair, and she wheeled me down the hallway, it felt SO nice!!! It was the first time in 8 days that I had been out of my room.  Who knew that could be so refreshing??  It even felt nice to feel like slight breeze on my face as she wheeled me down the hallway. Weird huh????  hahahaha.  I got an ultrasound, just a really quick one, to check the fluid levels around the baby.  I was pretty bummed when I asked "so is my placenta still completely covering my cervix?" and she actually did try and look for just a split second, and said she couldn't tell because my bladder was too full. I was sorta bummed, because even though the doctors and nurses dont even consider my placenta to move anymore, I still have a greater hope. My hope is in the Lord. I still believe he can move my placenta out of the way!!! I am going to have weekly ultrasounds just to check for the fluid, and I will probably be the annoying patient always asking about my placenta! :)  After that, we went back to our room for awhile....the nurses had said something about getting me a bigger room since I hopefully am going to be here for a prettttyyyy long time.  I felt blessed because I didn't even say anything about getting a big room, but they had already been looking to put me into one as soon as the other patient had left the bigger room.  My nurse came in and said they had given the lady in the bigger room her discharge papers, so once she leaves, and the room gets cleaned, that they would be moving me to that room! I was pretty excited!! :)  I felt sorta bad for the nurses having to move all my "junk" because over the past week, I have accumlated a lot of stuff!!!  So, being the good Mom that she is, packed all my stuff for me and pretty much got it all ready for the nurses to load onto the cart.  My mom left a little after 3, and then at 5:00pm I had supper.   They told me after supper, that they would start switching rooms for me.   The nurse came in with a cart, and loaded up all my stuff.  She came back with a wheelchair to transfer me to my  new room :) YAYYY, another wheel chair ride!!!!!  She opened the door to my new room, and I was pleased to see more space, and more chairs for my visitors!! And it even has 3 windows that I can see outside, and I can look at some trees :)  Little things make you happy in this place, let me tell ya :) 
That night my husband came up and my sister, Amanda.  They unpacked all my stuff for me, and got my room all ready for me!  They even put my pretty pictures back up on the wall...yay! 
There was only 1 small downside to my whole day...I did start to spot again while they were here visiting.  It made me a little nervous, I won't lie...but it wasn't a lot and I knew it was probably ok.  I informed my nurse that the spotting had come back, so she wanted to put me on the monitors for a little bit just to make sure the baby was looking good, and make sure I wasn't contracting.  I was on the montiors for about 15 minutes, and I was having some contractions but nothing that concerned her..but she did leave me on the monitors for about another 15 minutes just to make sure everything was looking ok.  I was having some slight cramping, so she just told me to relax and lay on my left side.  I pretty much just laid on my left side the rest of the night trying not to move at all,

No comments:

Post a Comment