Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 9: Slight complications.

Hey everyone, still hanging in there!!  Yesterday was a little bit complicated, but by the time it was time for bed, everything was fine.  Monday night, I had noticed some slight cramping, and when I stood up to go to the bathroom I felt something, and realized I was spotting again.  I was nervous that this was the beginning of something bad because of the cramping I was having.  I hadn't had any kind of spotting for 3 days, so I was a little bit concerned, but I tried not to worry.  I mentioned the cramping that night to my nurse, and also informed her that I was spotting again.  She wanted to just make sure everything was ok, so she hooked me up on the monitors to see how the baby was doing, and to see if I was having any contractions.  After about 20 mins of being on the monitors, she saw that the baby was doing great, but did notice I was having some contractions, but they were not regular, so she wasn't concerned.   She marked it on my charts to tell the doctor what was going on so he knew what was happening in case he wanted to do anything different.  I slept through the night pretty good that night, and woke up still cramping, and noticed the bleeding was a little heavier, but nothing as to what it has been before.  When the doctor came in for his morning check on me, he said he didn't really like what was going on, and thought it would be a good idea to get me back on the monitors.  He wanted to watch the baby and contractions for an  hour, and if everything looked ok, then I could get off of them.  He wasn't sure if something more was going to happen here soon within hours, or weeks...or nothing at all! I was hoping for the NOTHING at all!!  After being on the monitors for an hour, the baby was looking great, which is always good, but I was starting to have some contractions.  So, they kept me on for another hour making sure they weren't becoming more frequent and more intense.   After the 2 hours, they reviewed over it and saw I was having some contractions, but nothing regular at all.  And since I'm 30 wks now, I will be starting to have some contractions.  They said that blood is a irritant, and that's why it makes me contract.  So, the more I bleed, the more contractions I'm going to have, so they want to prevent that.  I am very glad to be at a place that is EXTREAMLY cautious, and concerned when I am concerned.   They have seen everything here, and they have seen what can happen in this situation with complete previa, so I'm so glad they are cautious when I tell them my concerns and how I'm feeling.  They for sure do not just shove it aside, but they truly listen to how I'm feeling, and want to make it better.  So, I am really thankful for that.  By supper time, or a little after, the cramping was starting to go away.  I asked if it would be ok to shower, and she said yes, so I knew then that everything was ok.. I knew they wouldn't let me get up to shower if they thought something was going to happen.  Thankfully, the rest of the night I felt pretty normal and my worries began to fade.  Its always a horrible feeling when something happens, its hard to explain.  My whole mind is placed on "what if???" But, I'm learning to put my trust in the Lord, and in the nurses and doctors here.  I know that I am in a safe place, and that if anything "bad" does happen, I am with people who are experienced and know what they are doing.  So, I'm thankful to make it through that day with nothing more than a little spotting and some contractions.  Still another day pregnant, and that always makes me feel good!!! :)   Please keep praying that bleeding episodes STAY AWAY, they are very scary, and make me feel helpless and worried.  I cannot say it enough but THANK YOU to those who have helped out in any way, whether it be words of encouragement, financial, emotional, prayers...whatever it make be, please know I feel so blessed.  The Lord has blessed us with a great community, family, friends, and co-workers (husbands co-workers)  Thanks again, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment