Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 7: 1 full week at Toledo!!

Good morning everyone!! Yesterday marked 1 full week here at Toledo :)  Although it is not fun being here, I am so thankful for another week being pregnant!  Every week I am in here only means Lane is growing more, his lungs are getting more developed, and that's exactly what we need.  Last Sunday when I was transferred here from Defiance, the doctor here at Toledo was preparing for me to deliever within the HOUR.  He didn't know if I was going to do so, but he was getting everything ready in case I did have to deliver.  So, I am thankful I did not deliver that scary night, and I've made it a week here with baby still safe!!!!  Yesterday was also my third day with no bleeding and no spotting. So, thank you for the prayers..keep them coming, they seem to be working so far :)
Yesterday was a good day as in emotionally for me too.  I woke up knowing my boys and my husband would be leaving that morning to come up and spend their Sunday with me. So, that made things a lot easier.  They arrived here around 10 or so, I was laying down turned towards my tv, and in walks little Luke trying to sneak up on me with the cutest little smile EVER! It had been 5 days since I had seen him last, so I was beyond ready to give that little boy some lovin!!!!  He gave me a hug and a kiss right away...its like he knew just what I needed :)  I had a great day being a family again, it was so nice to just do little things, like, help Luke get a drink, share my lunch with him, and of course watch ELMO!  I never realized how badly I would miss watching that show hahaha.  We would watch that every morning at home together, and I miss those times.  Logan was also excited to see mommy again, and was full of "I love you's", kisses, and hugs! He's my little sweetheart that always wants to take care of his Mommy.  He wanted to stay the night with me again, but I explained to him that he had school in the morning and if Mommy and Daddy let him skip all the time, that we would get in trouble! lol..  Around 2, Luke was getting pretty tired, and even ended up taking a pretty good nap here. We were worried how he would handle being in such a little room for so long, but for the most part, he did really good.  Around 4 though, he had enough of this tiny room and was ready to GO!  Overall, I had a great day with my kids and hubby...I loved that us 4 got to be together again and just be a family :) 
Nothing much happened the rest of the day, because I was alone, so I'm sure you don't want to hear about my TV watching, Internet surfing, and facebook stalking...hahahaha!!  The most "exciting" thing of the night was getting a new IV.  And that really wasn't exciting, it was actually quite painful.  The nurses here have to change my IV every 4 days, (even though they left mine in for 7),  to reduce the risk of it getting infected since they will be in for a long period of time.  The nurse took my other one out, and started my new one and I was like GEEZZZ lady, are u sticking a garden hose in me????????  For some reason, this IV hurt, my other one didn't at all. I think its just placed in a bad area.  Its hard for me to bend my wrist to the right, and to move my thumb back. But I will manage.....Hopefully when my next IV is in, they will put it in a different spot, because I'm not a fan of this one.  Well, I think that pretty much wraps up my day!!  I was thankful for a good day yesterday emotionally because on Saturday it was not the case!! So, these good days really help!  Thanks again for your prayers...they seem to be working!! I am still praying for the Lord to move this placenta out of the way so I can go home, but if that's not the case, I'm praying for many more days here with NO bleeding!!  God bless all you...you all mean so much to us during this difficult time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment