Monday, December 5, 2011

Days 17-21: Three full weeks at the Toledo Hospital!!

Hey guys!!!  Sunday made 3 full weeks that I've been here at the Toledo hospital.  It's been so hard being so far away from all my family, and friends..but, I know this is the best place for Lane and I to be for the remainder of my pregnancy.  I came in here at 28wks pregnant, so scared...not knowing what was going to happen next.  They thought I could have Lane within the hour of when I got there, no one really knew.  So, with that being said, no I do not like being here, but at the same time I'm so thankful to be 3 weeks further along in my pregnancy!!  I hope for many more weeks to come for Lanes sake.  Sure can't wait to meet that beautiful boy, hold him in my arms, stare in his eyes..and to know, its all over..
The last 4 or 5 days for the most part have been pretty uneventful, which is awesome.  But on Thursday night, I did have another scare.  It was probably around 9:30-10:00pm when I started feeling some cramping, that led to feeling some contractions.  I rolled over to my left side and started drinking some water, thinking it would go away.  But, it actually only became worse.  I knew it was time to hit my "call" button, and let the nurses know what I was feeling.  My nurse came in quickly and I told her I was cramping and was having contractions that were taking my breath away and was extremely uncomfortable.  I wasn't bleeding, so it was weird that all of this came out of no where.  At first, I thought maybe I was was wrong, and nothing was going on. But, I knew I didn't feel normal.  My nurse hooked me up to the monitors, and almost right away you could see the contractions showing up, and TONS of irritability!!  On the screen, the irritability in the uterus just looks like a bunch of hills going up and down, sort of like contractions, but it just happens constantly.   My line for contractions were going crazy!! So I started to worry a little bit, but figured things would calm down soon.  They left me on the monitors for about 2 hours.  By that time, it was probably midnight.  Two residents came down to talk to me about what was going on, and they thought since I was not bleeding, and the contractions were not becoming regular, that it would be ok to take me off the monitors for a little bit and see what happens.  They said that sometimes when you are on the monitors that long, it can irritate things with those belts they strap on ya so tight around your belly.  Well, no sooner than them taking my belts off, I heard some talking at my door. Didn't really think anything of it.  Well, I was wrong.  It was the on call Doctor talking to my residents and my nurse.  The doctor said she wanted me to be transferred right away to LABOR AND DELIVERY!  When I heard the news, I was SHOCKED, and scared!!  Just when I thought things were going to be ok, in walks the doctor and wants me to be transferred.  So, it wasn't even 5 minutes and they brought a wheel chair in and wheeled me down to Labor and Delivery.  Once I was down there, they put me back on the monitors, and then started my IV drip.  I felt so lonely, and scared down there.  I knew no one, and things were so different down there than what they are here in my unit.  I so badly just wanted to go back to my room.  I feel so "safe" there, and since I've been here for 3 weeks, its become my home, and I was so sad to be stripped away from it!! Not to mention, the bed I was in at Labor and Delivery was horrible...there was NO way I was getting any sleep. And I didn't. Not a minute!!  To make a long story short, things didn't start to slow down until about 4 or 5a.m.  I was still having the irritability in the uterus, but the contractions were becoming less frequent.  Every time a nurse came in, I asked them when I would be able to go back to my room. I just so badly wanted out of that department, and back to my "safe" spot.  The doctors came in the morning around 7 or 8, and since there was no bleeding, they said it would be ok to go back to my old room.  It was music to my ears!!!!!!!  I'm so thankful that the Lord decided that Thursday night or Friday morning was NOT the time to have LANE. 
Then the weekend was here, I live for the weekends.  I know that once I make it through a full week, that by Friday my family comes that night!! So Friday night I had a big crowd of family up here, and nothing makes me more happy.  The Lord has blessed me with awesome family that I adore, love, and care for.  They are the best :)   Time went by SO quickly though!!! It's crazy when you get a bunch of us together chatting how quickly time goes by.  I was sad to see them leave, but so thankful they took time out of their schedule just to drive up here to see me! 
My boys and my husband stayed at the Ronald McDonald house again this weekend. So, I got to see them Friday night, Saturday, and then just for a little bit on Sunday before they travel back home to get ready for the week.  Sundays are always a sad day for me.  I try not to be that way, but when you are with your family all weekend, it's always hard to see them go...especially knowing I have another week (hopefully) to get through.  So, it was about 1:30, and I said my goodbyes to my boys and hubby.  Logan had a hard time leaving again, and started crying, and just wanted to stay with momma :(  I was doing great until he started to cry, but I was strong for him and only let a couple tears come down... I whispered in his ear "be tuff, buddy..mommy loves you." and sure enough, he was tough, and wiped his tears away and they headed out the door. 
Now starts another week!!  Keep praying for me and Lane.  Don't forget about us, people!!! Pray the Lord continues to keep us both safe, and that the contractions stay AWAY, the cramping stays AWAY, and the bleeding stays AWAY!!! Also, they are thinking around the middle of Jan. to deliver me (if I make it that far.)  If I do make it, that means I still have a LONG road ahead of me.  Pray the Lord makes the days and nights go fast...I'm beyond the point of ready to be home for my family!!!!  But, like I said, I'm here for as long as I can be to make sure Lane is at his best when he comes out :)  Thanks again for all the prayers, thoughts and concerns.  We love you are dearly! God bless..........

No comments:

Post a Comment